Friday, June 25, 2010

Time to Head East


On Sunday I needed to get my trans swapped but with no wheels makes running around kind of difficult. Id like to thank Denver Dan for giving me a ride to the shop to pick up the trans, and even loaning me some cash to pay for it, very grateful for that. Let along getting to ride around Long Beach in a slammed Impala on Supremes, makes for a good day. Got back to Dustins, swapped the transmission in his garage. Big thanks to him for the hospitality and letting me use his tools and garage. See what I mean when I say I ran into an awesome group of people. Just getting ready to leave and I snapped the kick start shaft off. At this point I was really contemplating just moving here permanently as it was appartent someone or something didnt want me to leave Long Beach haha. The next day would prove that point when I would find myself stuck at a rest stop 40 miles east of Barstow for 4 hours with a fucked engine. Exactly what I didnt want to happen. I got a cab ride back and they let me throw my bike in the truck and even helped me find a motel and everything. Im terrible with names but the people at the Barstow Taxi are top notch and I wouldve been SOL with out meeting them. I ended up staying at a Motel 6 for 2 days while two of my good friends actually drove all the was from Le Mars to Barstow, a 24 hour trip one way to pick my ass up. They left Iowa at 9AM Tuesday morning and we were pulling back into town at 9AM Thursday. 3014 miles in exactly 48 hours. Sucked at the time but made for a hell of a storyIm very thankful to have the friends that I do and to have met the people I did in the last few weeks. I wouldnt change a thing about it. .


Some pics from the drive home we stopped at a couple outlooks for a short while..






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful post with us. I hope it was a fun trip back home and you got to see some great places all around. Have a great day.
    Greg Prosmushkin

    ReplyDelete