Friday, June 25, 2010

Solo Ride from Iowa to Long Beach



Just getting in on this whole blog thing so here goes. I just recently got back from a 2 week trip to Long Beach to attend the Born Free show. There is just something about loading up and hitting the two lanes on a bike that you built yourself and know every single inch of. This was my first real roadtrip and I had a blast. It was cool to finally live out all the stories I have been reading over the past couple of years about hitting the road, the people you meet and things you see. Its things like that that you tend to forget about doing everyday normal things and not leaving your hometown for a while. I had planned on meeting up with Warren and the Haints but ended up leaving 2 days ahead of them so just went alone down through Kansas, across Colorado, through New Mexico, Arizona, and then on to Vegas. I ended up getting a $190 ticket for no helmet on the Vegas strip. Partially my fault for not checking and hoped to get a warning but Barney Pfeif was on an ego trip that night I guess. Spent the next day finding a helmet and took off the day after that. Vegas is cool for what it is but not really my thing I guess. Oh well least I went there once. I got to Pomona on Friday and decided to go to the NHRA Museum at the fairplex. Im totally glad I did that the amount of history in one building is overwhelming. Spent a few hours there and headed to Long Beach that night. Heres where it gets really random haha.

1 comment: